At the start of 2014 I wrote this blog post ‘It’s 2014 babey‘ and now 4 months in I thought it would be good to do an update as somethings have been added/deleted/edited.
- I will be a happy girl and I will start with positivity.
This one remains although I do find this hard sometimes. Perhaps I should have something in my bedroom to remind me!
- I will put my make up on and do my hair every day
This is still on the list too, although it’s changed from everyday to most days which is still a big improvement from last years walking around like no one owned me. (I own me)
- I will take time out to enjoy myself even if it is just painting my nails
I actually take the time each month and when needed to go and get acrylics put on my nails and repairs done to keep them maintained. This has made me feel much better as I always get glitter and pretties on them! (like bows)
- I will spend more time with my amazing boys. (Staring at a computer screen all day does nothing for anyone)
This one is starting although I am still struggling to stop feeling like if I’m not staring into a screen I’m not being productive – but this one has sprung and evolved into me adding a new goal.
- (NEW GOAL) Go travelling and adventuring even if it’s just taking the longer journey home!
If you follow my social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) You will know that after years of driving giving me anxiety I drove 300+ miles to Burnley and back so that Andy could see his family. You can watch the video here. This sparked my sense of adventure and how much I loved just spending time with my amazing family and making them happy. This also began the start of #anewadditionroadtrip. This goal makes me feel pretty excited.
- I WILL be more organised. I WILL I WILL (I have a diary I have been using for a few months since my changes begun)
This was going really really well until I changed bags and my diary was lost. I am now looking forward to feeling like I’m not out of the loop or rushing to sort myself because I forgot an event for one of my boys. #badhannah
- I will enjoy The Male more, I won’t work such late nights because I spend most of the night faffing. I will just turn off and watch a film with him.
I am trying so hard to do this with Andrew. I love his company so much, but it’s so much easier to work when the boys are in bed that it eats away at the time we spend together. I am going to try harder with this!
- I will enjoy and blog more, enjoyable, heart felt and more me posts. Because seriously I love you guys, you have supported me so much and I enjoy being here.
This one has been edited a little bit and is now…
- (EDITED VERSION) I will enjoy blogging more, I will write more motivational and inspiring post for ANBY (A New Better You) and I will attend more press events and blogging events.
I love my ANBY ladies.. If you haven’t joined my facebook group you can do here: A New Addition Ladies – A New Better You This is where I try and do bursts of 15 minute timers to help each other get down our to-do lists. It’s also good for emotional support. These ladies are a good bunch and I treasure them immensely. I am also starting to attend more events for example yesterday I was at the Birmingham Tots 100 and next weekend I will be in Manchester for Blog on!
- I will take more videos and vlogs – just because I can
This one is very much happening! I have set up a brand spanking new youtube page and have started uploading video’s and vlogs to it. This is still in it’s early stage and so it would make me so absolutely happy if you watched and liked if you would give me a thumbs up and subscribe 😀 When I reach my first 100 subscribers I am going to do a shout out video of them because I just think that would be lovely!
- I will stop being so hard on myself because I have achieved so much even just by looking into my two gorgeous son’s eyes.
This one is one I need to remember ALOT MORE, Infact this one was one I am glad I have read just now. Today has been a struggle and this has made me realise that tomorrow is going to be okay because I will wake up with my beautiful boys. This one stays!
I will save money by coupons and glitches. It has already begun and I am loving it
This has taken a back step. Mainly because I am putting more effort into my life that bargains and trying to spend. (Although this I do have a peek once in a while. So this one is deleted.
I will enter lots more competitions so that I can treat people and save more. I have already won my first competition. I woke up to find out I had won a £10 Amazon voucher.. how amazing.
This one has also been deleted mainly for the reason I said above. I am trying to put more effort into life and my blog so entering competitions would be taking away from this. I do enter a few a month though, y’know just incase 😀
Instead I am going to change these two to:
- (NEW GOAL) Say yes as much as possible even if the opportunity sounds scary or the idea sounds impossible, Keep fighting my anxiety and enjoy where it takes me.
I have been trying to do this, this year already and I have noticed quite a big difference in how I am starting to look at life, for example a few months ago I went in a Helicopter with the Children’s Air Ambulance and last week I traveled to London to visit Cricit and see the New Explore with no panic at all apart from when I must have dozed off on the train and awoke whilst we were in a tunnel. Oh my gosh my heart! – You can watch my video here: London and the Cricut Explore
- (NEW GOAL) Go to bed earlier
I need to do this so bad! It is currently 1.51am as I write this blog post – I told you it’s easier for me to work at night. It would be nice if I can stop procrastinating long enough for me to feel like I can go to bed at a reasonable hour, even if it is just a few days a week!
- (NEW GOAL) I Will try and visit more friends more
I missed one of my very close friend’s birthday this month and that really upset me. I have such lovely friends and it would be really nice if I could see them all more!
(Photo Credit: Laura Seaton – Tired Mummy of two)
How has your 2014 been so far? How are you doing with your ‘new year resolution’ Are you being the new you you wanted to be? Let me know in the comments below! xx